Heating Elements for Battery, EV and Energy Storage Applications
Heatron's history of innovation and success as a heating element manufacturer in a variety of heating industries provides the foundation to apply heating technologies and develop solutions for emerging power generation and distribution applications.
Fuel cells need minimum operating temperatures to get started, bearings in wind generators freeze up, motors that build up condensation as temperatures change and need drying out, and lots of other issues within the energy, and power generation issues that need to maintain a minimum temperature, a constant temperature, or just need to reach higher temperatures before they will work at their highest efficiencies. Heatron has the experience and expertise to provide turnkey solutions for all of your power and energy heating element and customer heating needs.
Today’s commercial and industrial batteries require reliable temperature controls to maximize performance. Cold and ice can slow charging times, reduce storage capacity, cloud sensors and generally impede optimal charging function in back-up batteries, electric vehicles and equipment.
Heatron works with OEMs in the automotive, aviation, industrial equipment and electronics industries to build custom heaters that are lightweight, efficient, and optimized for the exact power requirements of each application.
As emerging markets like EVs, UAVs, and transit develop new systems that expand storage capacity and reduce weight and complexity, Heatron adapts with new heating element solutions.
ASK HEATRON ABOUT HEATERS FOR:
- Automotive: EV’s, charging stations, cold-weather equipment
- Aviation and Aerospace: backup systems, avionics, UAVs, lighting systems
- Electronics and Industrial: field equipment, heavy industrial vehicles, data infrastructure, defense applications, rugged electronics
- Solar: fuel cells
- Rail and Transit: Bus, tram and trolley power systems
Heatron has worked in many industries and especially understands the energy and power generation industry, and how to interface the temperature control systems. Contact us to find out how Heatron can help provide you with your next custom heating and heating elements, or request a detailed quote for your next project today.
DuPont™ Kapton® Polyimide Film & all-Polyimide Etch Foil Heaters
Ultra Thin. Low Mass. DuPont™ Kapton® Polyimide Film and All-Polyimide flexible etched foil heaters are ideal for applications requiring low outgassing, operating in extreme environments or where space and weight allowances are limited. The material has high dielectric strength and excellent dimensional stability for higher watt density and temperature applications, while providing lower operating costs and increased throughput.
- Very thin
- Superior tensile strength
- Low outgassing
- High dielectric strength
- Flexible circuit design
- Precise heat distribution
- Ideal for extreme temperature environments
High Density Cartridge Heating Elements
Heatron high density cartridge heating elements excel in performance and durability. Using value-added controls, specialized coatings and finishes, and optimized design, Heatron creates the right balance of performance and features to meet your specification and budget requirements. Contact Heatron for a design consultation to select the right set of options for your application.
- More options for higher performance heaters
- Internal thermostats, thermal fuses, thermocouples and temperature sensors
- Non-Stick Coating
- Controlled Heat Profile
- Electropolish and passivation
Silicone Wire Wound Heaters
Rugged. Reliable. Accurate. High-strength fiberglass reinforced silicone rubber gives the wire wound heater dimensional stability without sacrificing flexibility. Moisture and chemical resistant, HEATFLEX can be vulcanized to conform to the contours of irregularly shaped parts, equipping our wire wound heating elements with the exceptional ability to fit over your custom component and follow compound curves.
- High watt densities
- Excellent repeatability
- Better choice for high flex applications
- Flexible heaters adapt to contoured surfaces with ease
- Freeze protection and condensation prevention
- Resistant to many chemicals
- Economically facilitates high resistance applications and heater sizes not lending themselves to the etching process
- Global agency approvals: UL, CSA, TUV on most configurations.