Thick Film Stainless Steel
- Low-profile heater up to 650°C
- Small, thin profile with exceptional flatness.
- Ability to be laser cut or machined to specifications.
- May be flexed or bent to 90° at non-insulated joints.
About Thick Film Stainless Steel
Fast and reliable, these low-profile heaters are found in print heads, handheld devices, and other applications with tight tolerances and tighter form factors drive design. Thick Film Stainless Steel heaters are a compact, lightweight solution that maximize operating efficiency. Available with an array of options including leads, attachments, and thermistors to customize performance to your application.
- For temperature applications up to 650 °C
- Can be machined into complex shapes and forms
- Power densities greater than 31 W/cm2 (200 W/in2)
- Low mass: fast temperature ramp up and cool down
- Low leakage current at low temperatures
- No out gassing with inorganic systems
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Solid insulation properties due to glass encapsulation
Engineering services and consultation are available on every custom heating element order. Contact a specialist today for details.
- High strength solder connections.
- Available with integrated sensors, thermostats and a variety of mounting or attachment options.
- Three dimensional shapes and forms, including bending and folding.
- UL Component recognition (See brochure for details)
- Custom watt density designs available for added efficiency and control.
- Multiple zone heating for greater control in target areas.
- Distributed Wattage can be used to compensate for heat loss and create uniform temperature in application.
- Custom designed to operate from 2 to 480 volts; including dual voltage.
- Functions with AC and DC voltage sources.
Surface Mount Sensors and Thermostats
- Printed RTDs or surface-mount thermistors for direct, on-board temperature feedback and control, as well as more complex heater system assembly.
- Large selection of thermostats and thermal fuses designed to provide maximum efficiency for your application.
- Broad range of connection schemes available, including wire harness.
- Custom connection solutions can be co-engineered with customer's design.
- Power leads soldered directly to board or mechanically secured.
Maximum Watt Density:
Coefficient of Thermal Expansion:
5.8 x 10-6/°C
0.10 mm x 3.05 mm
0.004" - 0.12"
Typical Maximum Dimensions:
305 mm x 607 mm
12" x 24"
For custom solutions outside these specifications, contact a Heatron specialist.
Medical & Life Sciences
Dialysis, CPAP, DNA Analysis and Testing, Blood Diagnostics, Surgical Devices, Vessel Sealer, Blood/Fluid Warming, Instrument Warming, MRI Equipment, Temperature Therapy, Sterilization
Aviation & Transportation
Instrumentation, Personal Comfort, De-Icers, Over the Road Truck and Railcar Freeze Protection, Oil and Battery Heating, Auto and Motorcycles
Chemical Detection, Explosives Detection, Alcohol Detection, Cameras
Warming Cabinets, Display Shelves, Prep Stations, Heated Dishware, Fryer Systems, Grilling Platters, Appliances
3-D Printers, Laser Printers, Card Printers, Thermal Printers, Commercial and Industrial Printers
Packaging Lines, Electronic Enclosures, Freeze Protection, Motor Heaters, Plastic Fabrications, Water Heating
High Temperature Burn-In Boards and Testing Equipment, Wafer Chuck Heaters, Water Heating