Ceramic Core Alumina (Al2O3) Heater
High compression strength, hardness and wear resistance, Alumina heaters facilitate high heat resistance and high thermal conductivity applications. Ideal solution for small to mid-size heaters where uniform surface temperature is required, Alumina provides the highest insulation standoff per unit thickness.
- High-temperature heater up to 1000°C
- High compression strength.
- Very hard and wear resistant.
- Superior material flexibility and bend strength.
- Excellent size and shape capability.
- Precise, repeatable pattern and distributed wattage.
About Ceramic Core Alumina
Featuring precise, controlled heat for high-temperature applications up to 1000°C, Thick Film Alumina heaters offer low mass, low leakage current, and excellent dielectric properties. Excellent smaller heaters where high heat resistance and high thermal conductivity are required.
- For high temperature applications between 350 °C and 1000 °C.
- High temperature uniformity.
- Excellent dielectric properties.
- Low mass: fast temperature ramp up and cool down.
- Low leakage current.
- No outgassing with inorganic systems.
- Resistant to moisture and many chemicals.
Engineering services and consultation are available on every custom heating element order. Contact a specialist today for details.
- High temperature glass and conventional UV-cure resin-bases solder masks or encapsulants.
- Design single- or double-sided circuits, with one or two layers per side.
- Available in a multitude of purity levels.
- Larger, uneven shapes and three-dimensional configurations are possible with customization.
- Custom watt density designs available for added efficiency and control.
- Multiple zone heating for greater control in target areas.
- Distributed wattage can be used to compensate for heat loss and create uniform temperature in application.
- Custom designed to operate from 2 to 480 volts; including dual voltage.
- Functions with AC and DC voltage sources.
Surface Mount Sensors and Thermostats
- Printed RTDs or surface-mount thermistors for direct, on-board temperature feedback and control, as well as more complex heater system assembly.
- Large selection of thermostats and thermal fuses designed to provide maximum efficiency for your application.
- Broad range of connection schemes available, including wire harness.
- Custom connection solutions can be co-engineered with customer's design.
- Power leads soldered directly to board or mechanically secured.
350 °C - 1000 °C
662°F- 1832 °F
Maximum Watt Density:
0.64 mm x 12.70 mm
0.025 in - 0.50 in
Typical Maximum Dimensions:
152 mm x 605 mm
6 in x 12 in
For custom solutions outside these specifications, contact a Heatron specialist.
Medical & Life Sciences
Dialysis, CPAP, DNA Analysis and Testing, Blood Diagnostics, Surgical Devices, Vessel Sealer, Blood/Fluid Warming, Instrument Warming, MRI Equipment, Temperature Therapy, Sterilization
Aviation & Transportation
Instrumentation, Personal Comfort, De-Icers, Over the Road Truck and Railcar Freeze Protection, Oil and Battery Heating, Auto and Motorcycles
Chemical Detection, Explosives Detection, Alcohol Detection, Cameras
Warming Cabinets, Display Shelves, Prep Stations, Heated Dishware, Fryer Systems, Grilling Platters, Appliances
3-D Printers, Laser Printers, Card Printers, Thermal Printers, Commercial and Industrial Printers
Packaging Lines, Electronic Enclosures, Freeze Protection, Motor Heaters, Plastic Fabrications, Water Heating
High Temperature Burn-In Boards and Testing Equipment, Wafer Chuck Heaters, Water Heating