Heat Exchanger Heating Elements
Quickly and safely transfers heated liquids, gases and oils. Heatron’s heat exchanger consists of a high-density cartridge heater encased in a metal jacket with ports for transfer of medium to be heated. The compact design provides higher watt density and dielectric strength compared with tubular versions. Contact Heatron for a design consultation to select the right set of options for your application.
- UL E91597 (UL 499)
- CSA LR66355-1 (CSA-C22.2)
- TUV* EN60335-1/A11 and EN61010-1A2
* This approval gives Heatron the option of CE marking. Heatron offers an extensive UL option list and builds to UL 6061/IEC-60601 standard.
Sheath: 304 stainless steel, 316L stainless steel, Incoloy®
Lead Exit: straight, right angle, elbow
Lead Wire: fiberglass, silicone, Teflon® , straight pins
Outer Jacket: stainless steel braid, stainless steel cable, strain relief spring, silicone, fiberglass
End Seal: mica, ceramic, silicone, Teflon®, epoxy
Mountings: flange, UL listed plug
Lead: crimped on, swaged in, Special Coatings: electropolish, passivation
Insulation and heater materials available with UL, CSA or Mil Spec recognition.
Value Added Controls:
- Over-temperature controls: internal thermostats, thermal fuses and temperature sensors
- Internal thermocouple: type and location is design specified
- Ports located and configured to customer fittings in any location and can be flared to ensure secure, clamped connections.
- Thermal wells with fittings for mounting thermocouples, thermistors, RTDs or other temperature controlling devices.
- Mounting pads for disc thermostats or other thermostats welded to the heat exchanger.
- Ground wire can be internally connected in a heater or a ground lug welded to the heat exchanger.
- Mounting brackets designed to customer specifications, including over-the-side design for non-pressurized systems.
Nominal Diameter (in.)
Nominal Diameter (mm)
Download brochure for details.
Maximum Length (in.)
Maximum Length (mm)
- Amperage data determined by current capability or internal parts and lead wire. Contact Heatron for specifications beyond range given.
- Wattage is a function of voltage and added controls. Find wattage maximums and minimums in the downloadable brochure. Contact Heatron for specifications beyond those listed in brochure.